Sunday 22 February 2009

THE TRICASTER!!

On Thursday we paid a vist to the Broadcast Video Expo at Earls Court. Among the many fascinating new programmes, software and gadgets ( some of which I admit went over my head, expectidly) one that caught my eye was the TriCaster. Not only was the American presenter of the demo highly intriguing with his many praises for the amazing TriCaster system, with lines such as ... I used to use CD's and DVD's, now I don't, because I have the TriCaster... (or as some were saying...I used to have a life...but now I don't, because I have the TriCaster. And so the joke went on) the actual live demo did really interest me.


The TriCaster is used as portable live production by many of the big names such as Fox Sports,MTV,Sky News and the BBC. And claims to be the most complete, reliable and efficient system available for live production and web streaming; and don't forget "No matter where your live broadcast plans take you there is a TriCaster in the TriCaster family perfect for you".


Out of the several different applications each Tricaster in the family of Tricaster's has, the one that most intrigued me was the LiveSet which provides you with network style virtual sets. The LiveSet allows you to create the look of a professional set within a small space.

All you need is a green screen or blue backdrop, a simple camera set up and lights and you can be placed in a virtual sophisticated studio.The proprietary technology allows you to live switch between 6 camera angles and change distance from close up,midway and wide shot without having to touch your camera equipment. There are several different styles of sets that can be used for example midday report, world update and newsline.If your feeling creative you can also create your own background photography using LiveSet constructor which comes free to registered users. Here are some of the examples of the sets provided.

Primetime










Midday Report









Skybox





Here are some other pictures from the day...

This amazingly is all you need to shoot a 3DM film. I was amazed when the guy at the 3D Experience stand told me you could shoot a 3D film using your own pair of HD cameras. The only other accessory you need is a 3D CamBuddy Dual Monitor. Also 3D Experience are hoping to establish "g03dhd", the world's first steroescopic 3D High Definition commercial TV channel in 2009.


I thought the light looked cool.

Indiana Jones!

Chris and his new friend Indiana.

Chris again. Also managing to get in on every LCD monitor on the stand.

The best picture of Ciarian.

No comments: